On Sunday evening 5 June 2011, I was on a panel at a church north of Brisbane answering questions on evolution and the age of the earth.
I represented the biblical young-earth position.
The three other scientists on the panel held to various old-earth views, and were:
- Jonathon Cramb, who is completing a PhD in palaeontology.
- Dr Trevor Meers, who is involved in research into ecological and environmental issues with government, and
- Dr Scott Hermann, who is researching plant diseases with BSES, a research organization for the sugar industry.
A 59-minute recording of the discussion is available as a mp3 from the church’s website.
- 0:00 mins: Introductory talk by church pastor, Rev Alan Hermann.
- 9:00 mins: Panel introduction by Rev Alan Hermann.
- 11:08 mins: First question: About radioactive dating methods.
- 18:00 mins: Second question: About natural selection, death, fossils and Adam and Eve.
- 26:30 mins: Questions from the floor.
- 59:00 mins: End of recording.