I wrote a note to a couple of the politicians who appeared on last night’s Q and A.
I saw you on Q & A last night and I appreciate the way you tried to stand up to Dawkins’ attacks on the Christian faith.
I thought it was interesting that not one person on the panel could answer Dawkins’ arguments but could only say, in effect, “Please be nice.”
I did a short take on the show here.
There were a lot of things that I found disturbing:
- The blatant attacks on the Christian faith, painting Christians as stupid, ignorant and mean.
- The applause of the audience when these attacks were made.
- The inability of anyone to effectively defend their faith against Dawkins.
- The misinformation about intelligent design. (Dawkins actually believes intelligent design is a valid scientific approach, but he will only accept certain types of designer.)
- The misinformation about science.
- The misinformation about the Christian faith.
- The attacking of groups of people (creationists, Christians) without any recourse to a defense by a members of those groups.
These things seem like ominous dark clouds gathering in our country. Atheism was given a great boost last night courtesy of the ABC.
All the best,
PS: Dawkins’ evidence for evolution has been refuted here
Update 25 Mar: typo fixed